So I'd heard of Funderland, but never really taken a close look at it. Over Labor Day weekend Glen and I wanted to do something fun with the kids, and I suggested we check it out. It's free entrance, so I figured if the kids weren't happy after a few rides we'd still have the beautiful William Land Park to enjoy. I have taken the kids to Fairytale Town (another wonderful place for kids and parents especially in the summer when there is a lot of shade to enjoy) and to the zoo. And we have walked through the park when Glen has run marathons or races in that neighborhood. But this was our first trip to Funderland itself. It's been there since the 1940s and is just what you imagine an old amusement park from those days to look like.
Well the kids LOVED it! Glen and I had so much fun with them. The rides are all geared for the young kids, and none of the rides needed adult participation. (Thankfully, because most of the little seats would be rather "cozy" to share). It was so cute seeing how they ran around together... best friends having fun. At one point Hannah started to get into her ride, looked around and didn't see Oliver (who was getting on a ride a little further back) and she panicked a little until she saw him, ran over, and made sure they rode together. And they laughed and yelled and threw up their arms and had pure uninhibited kid fun.
Buggy ride through the park
Soaring through the trees
Rolllerrr coasteeeeeeeeeeeer!!
Friday, September 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment