Most kids learn the ABC song before they start to actually read the letters. Oliver can identify an O and an H for now and that's it. But he knows his song. I love how he says it all, though, because it shows how he doesn't really know that there are all those letters... he just likes the song!!
A B C D eeyef... G, H I J K ellemello P, koo R eSsss, T ooo B, dubba-oo X Y-an Zee.
One thing that he does do, which is adorable, is he will say "I'm thinking of something... something beginning with S". No matter what it starts with. He hears us playing that with Hannah and so I guess he's picked a letter. One of the reasons that he picks S is that I'll say to Hannah.... "Are you thinking what I am thinking? I'm thinking about something beginning with S" And my something is......... STARBUCKS! So now when he wants me to drive through for coffee (for me) and a scone or milk (for him) that's what he says. But he'll apply it to anything he's thinking about... S or no S.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment