Thursday, June 24, 2010

Facts

I love to find different places to take the kids.  One of the things that definitely came out of the long stay in Canada with no school and friends to play with was that I have become an expert in finding stuff for us to do.  This past weekend was Father's Day, and Glen had to work a bit over the weekend.  But when we had time we wanted to do something more interesting than potter at home.

Hannah's favorite thing (takes after mommy) is reading encyclopedias and books full of information.  At night after I read her a bedtime story she tells me to call Daddy to "read me some facts".

In the spirit of all things fact, I found something fun for us to do, and Hannah LOVED it.  Unknown to many, there is a Discovery Museum Science and Space Center right here in Sacramento.  Sure, it's not Science World or the Exploratorium, but it was perfect for young kids.  $4 for Hannah, $6 for the adults, and Oliver was free.  What a great find.  Plus the grounds are beautiful and it is in a redwood and oak forest, so LOTS of great shade with picnic tables... I think we might go back a few times this summer.

Puzzles:












Adding wool to the wooly mammoth:

Turtle or tortoise?


Tarantula!!!

Hannah ended her exploring with a planetarium show.  Unfortunately no under-4s, so Oliver and I enjoyed the great outdoors.  After the show all four of us wandered the grounds on a fun nature trail... we all learned something new about trees and rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment