Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Anniversaries

I like to make a big deal about anniversaries. Even as poor newlyweds Glen and I decided that we would try to get away for our anniversary each year.  And we've done a good job of that.  I think we might have skipped 2009 due to economic times, but I'm not sure.... I'll have to check back!

2003 - First - camping in the Pilansberg
2004 - Second - The Feathered Nest - a bed and breakfast in the Magaliesberg
2005 - Third - The Hill House Inn - Mendocino  (enormously pregnant)
2006 - Fourth - Kingvale Lodge - skiing
2007 - Fifth - Cypress Inn on Miramar Beach in Half Moon Bay    (enormously pregnant)
2008 - Sixth - rented a ski condo in Incline Village, North Tahoe
2009 - Seventh -??
2010 - Eighth - our impromptu business-not-pleasure trip to Calgary might have to classify... we were in different countries for our actual anniversary.  But it was SUCH a treat to be just the two of us after being in Canada out of our element for 2 months.
2011 - Ninth - Park Tahoe Inn in Heavenly

It's always fun to get away just us.   I love the undivided attention that I can give Glen.  I love the loooong chats about our dreams and where we've come and where we hope to go. 

I love Glen.

1 comment: