Saturday, January 1, 2011

Favorite Things 2010

Similar to Oprah and Ellen, we like to talk about our favorite things at the end of each year.  Unlike them, these are the things that were mentioned (and I know that if we thought harder there would be a million more!)

Hannah - starting kindergarten, new friends, walking with Mommy to school, Tricks Gymnastics, snow days in California, Webkinz, birthday party, wii games, camping

Oliver - MOPS, new friends, soccer, Tricks Gymnastics, MOPS, bounce house, Super Mario Bros., camping, did he mention MOPS?

Glen - being home for Christmas, 4th of July weekend at Angels Camp, watching Hannah score her first goal at soccer, supporting the Giants!!

Donna - feeling more and more part of our community walking Hannah to and from school every morning, listening to Hannah read or chatter to herself and her animals, camping, weekend at Angels Camp, lazy days swimming at Kerry, hearing Oliver going from 2yr old speak to proper thoughtful talk, Oliver potty training, Hannah learning to swim, running more often and further and faster (and doing a half marathon) in this beautiful neighborhood, the Giants win the World Series!!

Looking back at the year it was not a particularly easy one.  But thinking about the highlights and hearing everyone talk about their favorite things I just get so sentimental.  I love being a mom and I love being a wife and I love my life.  Once again, I feel like we are where we're meant to be, and we are stronger than ever.  God has held us tight this year and counting our blessings was a wonderful way to end the year and a great way to start the new one.

Happy 2011 everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I love it and am going to copy the idea! I for one am thankful for the Cockcrofts being a part of my life and I look forward to another year filled with fun times together! Happy New Year my dear, sweet friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete