Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Little fish
Both kids LOVE water. And LOVE swimming. And on July 4 Hannah finally took the big step to swimming without help. I wonder if I've been holding her back a bit, because we went to the pool and I realized I'd left her lifejacket (that she usually swims with) at the condo. I told her I'd come into the pool and hold her, but she said, "That's OK, I can swim by myself". Not sure about that, I went in with her, but she shrugged my hands off her and took off across the pool. She was so proud of herself! But also exhausted... doggy paddle is so energy inefficient!! She soon got the hang of it, found a better style, and is now a little fish, confident and happy. And if given a chance would spend ALL DAY in the water. I think that by the end of the summer Oliver might be doing the same. Yay for our special friend with a pool!! Yay for lakes and rivers close by!! Big milestone, Hannah - GREAT JOB!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So proud of Miss Hannah! Hopefully Hailey and Oliver will follow suit!!!
ReplyDelete