Today was my birthday. As birthdays go, it was very low-key. But I realized today that really I have so much to be thankful for every day, and so many things really ARE getting better with age...
Glen and I have had over 13yrs together and love each other more every day. We have been through so many wonderful and difficult times, and in the end it just keeps getting better.
I have two children that are growing more wonderful every day. I have had the joy and privilege of being a stay-at-home mom that has witnessed every milestone and dealt with all the life-changing moments that happen as babies turn into toddlers, and into "big" kids. The kids have given me challenges like nothing else, and although at times I have felt like a huge failure (I think that's pretty normal for any mom), I know that I have learned so much through them, and I know that it has been a growing experience for me. One that I know will never end.
I know what is important to me. I want to be a good example, a good wife, a good mother, a good friend. I want to help others and love others and be an encouragement to others. I love being encouraging. I love using my life experiences to build meaningful relationships with other people that can be uplifting.
I have so many wonderful friends... some that I have had for almost 30yrs, and some that, although only 5 years old, are growing day by day into friendships that I know will last a lifetime.
I have gone from someone who knew the theory of God from school, to someone who has know the yearning for God as a young adult, to someone who has come to know the grace of my savior Jesus, to someone who has shared the love of God with a spouse, to someone who now gets the awesome responsibility to input that faith into two new little lives. That has been a lifetime of growth, and I am not done yet.
Sometimes I am daunted by the idea that I am already in my mid-30s and "haven't done much". But when I stop and think about it, I really have done a lot! And it has resulted in growing up, learning, and maturing.
Like a fine wine.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are awesome my friend, and I for one am so incredibly blessed to be among the group of people you call friend! I love you and thank God for you and I pray you have a wonderful, blessed year!
ReplyDelete